Extreme pain in cervix during sex. Scheduled for hysterectomy. Will removing the uterus lessen the pain?

I am 42 years old and am experiencing pain during sex. I am due to see a specialist due to heavy bleeding and will probably have a hysterectomy . I am unsure about having my cervix removed but am pretty sure that is wear the pain is coming from. If my uterus only is removed will this lessen the pain felt by my cervix? It is definately worse at certain times of the month and I value my cervix for stimulation during sex however the pain is becoming unbearable and I have only been able to have intercourse if I am on top.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012