Extreme pain in anterior scapula, cannot open some fingers. Given cortisone injection, no help. What to do ?

I was gardening. using a hoe with vigor in my right hand. Next day I had extreme pain at anterior scapula like in the bursa. Now I cannot open my fingers especially the third, forth.and fifth. This happened 12 days ago. Saw my referring doctor who gave me an injection of cortisone in my gluteal muscle. Three days later no help. I have been stretching fingers and exercising, no help. Do I continue to wait for healing.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013