Extreme pain, diagnosed with vertebra fracture and disk pressing against the spinal cord in lower back. X-ray normal. Any thoughts ?

I have been diagnosed with a vertebra fracture and a disk pressing against the spinal cord in the lower back due to an accident playing golf around the end of august and was in extreme pain for about 4 weeks. After 4 weeks of PT I seem to be doing ok as long as I do not sit too long (30 min or more) or lift too much. I have had neck and back problems off and on for the last 15 years and have had discs replaced in my neck 7 or 8 years ago. I went to my orthopedic surgeon because the other doctors I saw did not find anything. They just took xrays and said they were normal. 5 months later I go to my O. S. and he finds the fracture and the pressing disc. He also did a bone density scan and this was normal. Not sure how concerned I should be about this. I am able to work but that is about it. The pain is not to bad as I only take ibuprophen for it. any thoughts?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013