Extreme pain between rib cage, pain and gassy feeling on swallowing anything, had taken medicines for tonsillitis. What could the cause be?

I am not sure if any of this is related to each other but here is the full information on Friday I was cleaning my bathroom with bleach and also a toilet cleaner, I noticed some kind of reaction and the fumes were unbearable, after a few seconds my eyes began to sting and my throat became dry, I left the bathroom immediately but since then I began to feel unwell. By Saturday morning my whole body was in pain and my throat was red and inflammed so I went to the doctors and he said I have tonsilitis, he prescibed anti biotics and paracetomal, I have been taking both of these medicines and also iburofen every 8 hours. The problem I am having now is, in between my rib cage slightly above and to the left of the V I find it extremely painful, anything I swallow causes more pain and I feel quite gassy. Could this be from the medication or related to something else? I cannot move from my bed the pain is so severe, please help.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012