Extreme nausea, pain due to ovarian cyst. History of total abdominal hysterectomy. Will the cyst resolve itself?

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy last July, but they left both of my ovaries since I was only 26 at the time and my Dr. said they looked fine at the time of surgery. I now have a 6.5 cm cyst on my left ovary that is causing extreme pain and nausea . I met with my dr. today and he wants to see me again in 1 week to see if the issue will resolve itself. Does a cyst this size usually resolve itself? He was unable to tell me what type of cyst it was due to the fact that ultrasound was done in ER 2 days prior and they did not provide that information to him. I just want to know if I should prepare myself for another surgery.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012