Extreme itching in clitoris, has a tear. Type 1 diabetes. Will it heal?

I have extreme itching on and around my clitoris and the surrounding area. I have type 1 diabetes and suffer from recurrent thrush, but i have suffered from this fairly constantly for maybe 10 years. I often have a lack of natural lubrication and pain during sex. i now have a tear on my clitoral hood, a small part of the nerve? is protruding from where the glans and the hood meet. its is not particularly painful but is very sensetive. Im not sure when exactly this happened, at least several weeks ago, and has gotten slightly worse (ie the nerve? is protruding a little more than bofore) - i had hoped that it would heal up on its own. I am concerned now that surgery will be needed to fix the problem - i need advice what to do about the tear and also the itching. thanks
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013