Extreme itchiness along waistline, thighs and butt, aggravated after sex, relief after using itch spray. What could this be?

For the past month I have a condition. I do not have any visible rash , but in the evening, and especially around bedtime, I am extremely itchy all of my waistline, upper inside thighs, and along the inside of my butt. The itching on my butt will actually form what feels like welts, but the rest of the itching will not. I have also noticed that it is aggravated after sex. I went to a doctor who told me to change detergents, shampoo, soap, etc. I have done all of this with no relief. The initial symptoms began while camping. I get some relief from jock itch spray and OTC allegra .
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012