Extreme edema in stomach, legs and feet, belly pain. Normal BP, high sugar. Any ideas?

I am a 42 year old woman and am having extreme edema in my stomache, legs and feet. What could be causing this problem? I've had my heart checked and blood sugar is a little high and blood pressure is fine. I am currently on a water pill but it doesnt really seem to be helping. Now i am experiancing pain in my belly and when i lay on my stomache i could swear i feel pressure on the right side. Could the belly pain and edema be related? Why am i holding so much water on my body?
Please help!
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013