Extreme dizziness due to layrinthitus of ear, tiredness, shortness of breath. Solution?

Hi - I went to my doctor yesterday after experiencing extreme dizziness for a period of approx 14 hours ( it started around 7.30 ) on Sunday evening. My doctor examined me and said I had a labyrinthitus a viral infection. I had been experiencing the dizzy spells over the last couple of weeks but these we only short lived, like the feeling of standing up to quickly. I have also been extremely tired became very breathless when climbing a set of stairs in a car park on Friday last week. My concern is that I understand labyrinthitus is due to an infection of the ear which I do not appear to have and my doctor did not examine my ear..... One final point I do have low blood pressure but I am told that this is nothing to worry about.
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012