Extreme back pain, MRI and MRA showed loss of lordosis, severe stenosis, multilevel severe, disc generative changes. Meaning?

I received a copy of my MRI & looking for clarification (layperson s language). So here goes: reveals multi-level, severe, disc degenerative changes. Slight anterolisthesis at C2-3 & C-4. There is a loss of lordosis . Central disc protrusion at C4-5 causes narrowing of the central & left portion of the spinal canal to 5mm. Central disc protrusion at C5-6 causes narrowing of the spinal canal to 6mm. At C6-7, spinal canal is narrowed to approx. 7mm. Sever foraminal stenosis is seen, right greater than leftt, at C6-7, bilaterally att C5-6 & moderate in degree bilaterally at C4-5. Multi-level, fairly sever facet arthopathy is seen throughout the cervical spine . MRA of the lumbar spine reveals multi-level disc degenerative changes, most severe across the L3-4, L4-5 & L5-S1 segments. At L4-5, there is substantial height loss. Severe foraminal stenosis is seen at L5-S1, moderate on the right at L4. I believe patient s neck & shoulder pain is driven by the disc degeneration, foraminal stenosis, & potentially facet arthropathy. The back & Lower extreme pain is mosst likely driven by the severe L4-5 central stenosis. Please explain so that I can understand.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  82 Awaiting Answer