Extraction of the wisdom teeth. Anxiety and fear of surgery. What can ease stress?

Tomorrow i will have oral surgery to extract all 4 wisdom teeth that are also infected. General anesthesia is my only option b/c 1. my anxiety and fear towards the surgery is very high so local anesthesia is out and 2. my oral surgeon is not certified for conscious anesthesia. This has me worried b/c i m not in the best health ( overweight ), i smoke (since i was 16, i m now 25 y/o. at about a pack a day for last 9 months, though recently i have cut back to 5-10 cigs per day), and i have used marijuana since i was 16 on and off but chronic (everyday) use for the past 3 years. I m concerned that my marijuana and tobacco consumption will add to the risk of general anesthesia but i am finding it difficult to gather information on the matter. It is an emergency surgery so i have not had a lot of time to prepare but i have tried to limit my tobacco intake and will not be smoking marijuana day of surgery. I will have a consultation before my surgery (day of) and will tell the oral surgeon everything but i am worried he wont have enough knowledge on the interactions between marijuana and general anesthesia b/c it seem like there has not been very much research. I m also worried b/c although the surgeon is certified for general anesthesia, the surgery will take place in an office and there wont be an actual anesthesiologist present. I am just hoping to gather any information that can ease my stress about the surgery, what the surgery setting should be like, what medical personnel should be present, and/or help me decide if this is the right time at all to have the surgery . i just don t trust the doctor who will receive thousands of dollars for performing the surgery to tell me the truth. i have had bad experiences in the past. thanks for any and all help.
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012