Extra skin layers building inside nose, can't breathe properly, bleeding if peeled. Reason?

hello doctor, i had a problem regarding my nose which i was facing from 9 yrs actly internal in nose extra skin layers are building daily , and i cant breath properly due to that , if i try to remove it bleeding is coming and again the same problem is occuring daily from 9 years. please suggest me for my problem
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response

When you say extra layers of skin , I am guessing it is a bit like a scab ( which forms after an injury over the skin heals ).
Usually this problem will occur if there is excessive drying of the environment inside the nose . If you do try to pull it out , the underlying skin will become raw and may even bleed .

This may be a mild drying which has gotten out of hand , or it may be the start of a condition known as Atrophic Rhinits

Irrespective of the cause there are a few things you should do
1. Use Saline nasal drops 3-5 times a day ( a few drops in both nostrils )
2. Avoid picking or scratching your nose
3. meet with a local ENT who can examine your nose properly

please feel free to get in touch if you have any further queries