Extra skin below vaginal opening, pain during sex. Recommendations?

I've noticed that there is extra skin below my vaginal opening which can cause pain during sex, often feels like it is tearing.. It's hard to explain exactly where it is but it's on the outside, just below my vaginal opening (so nearer to the anus than the clitoris) which feels as if it is hanging partially over the opening itself, it only ever causes discomfort during sex - I'm 18 and have been sexually active with my boyfriend (only ever male sexual partner) for 3 years but seemed to notice this change over the last year or so.. I have never been to a doctor about it as I'm unsure exactly what to expect from them.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hi!
welcome to HCM!
The loose protruding skin on labia is quite common and does cause irritation when you wear tight fitting clothes .You must get examined because since its close to anus it can be anal tag also.
If its actually arising from vaginal area labiaplasty is in excellent and very helpful procedure that can remove the loose skin and make the labia more normal.
Take care!