Extra skin, Is it normal ?

I was just looking in my vagina to see if it's normal, and above the opening of my vagina i found an area of extra skin. It doesn't hurt when i touch it or anything, but i would just like to make sure that it is normal. It is located at the front of the lips.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jun 2010
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. You do not need to worry much about it. Unless it is inflammed or any other issue arises it normal. But it would be advisable to still consult your gynecologist once and get checked. As in future you should monitor that it doesnt grow big. In case it does you must immediately report it to your doctor. Wish you good health.