External muscles of eyes become painful, sore, using eye cream. Suggestion?

Hi for the last week I have been noticing that my eyes have been feeling 'different' but in the last two days the external muscles surrounding my eyes have become really painful. They feel sore amd hot....If I press on my closed eyes with my finger gently it doesn't hurt but if I press the corner of my left eye it is quite sore. If I actually press the muscles around he eye they do not hurt a bit. I have been using the same eye cream for 6 months and have not had any trouble to date.
With thanks
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013

Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic!

You mentioned that "if I press the corner of my left eye it is quite sore", this may be because of a stye which is yet to erupt fully. However, there may be other possibilities as well. Physical examination is mandatory to assess this. Sometimes, external muscles surrounding eyes may also be little painful because of this or due to refractory errors. Anyhow, you need to see an Ophalmologist for correct diagnosis. Let me know if you have have any clarifications.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-vasanth/66057

Wish you good health!