External hemorrhoids, pain, discomfort, secreting little fluid, no bleeding. Treatment?

Hi, I am a 46 yr old male and fairly fit as I row and gym train most days. I have in the past obtained an external hemorrhoid mainly from the amount of ergo work and rowing. They usually go away after a month or two whilst being painful or uncomfortable during that time. I have now had what I believe to be another external hemorrhoid and have had it for the past 6 months. It is not painful, but I often notice that it secrets a small amount of fluid, not blood , or not red in any colour. This has been going on for a bit long I think, any ideas. Many thanks
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012