External haemorrhoids, hard at the base. History of IBS, annusitis. Are haemorrhoids thrombosed and what is the line of treatment if they are?

I have been diagnosed with IBS and annusitis. Mind-boggling pain that forced me to take a 3-month leave from work. I have altered my diet and after 6 months I am finally seeing some signs of relief. My question. I have developed external haemorrhoids recently which are hard at the base. How do I know if they are thrombosed and what should I do if they are?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012