Extensive bruising around the injection site followed by lumps from wrist to elbow post blood donation. Is it alarming?

My 16-year-old daughter donated blood for the first time on July 11th. They had a hard time getting the needle in and injected her three times before finally getting it. The next morning she woke up and noticed extensive bruising around the injection site and she developed more lighter bruising over the next couple of days. Today she noticed small lumps under her skin running from her wrist up to just past her elbow . Should we be concerned about these lumps?
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012