Experiencing tingling, numbness, pin & needles in hands, legs and feet. Is it something to worry?

I have been experiencing an increased amount of tingling/numbness/pin & needles in my hands, legs and feet . It used to only happen when I sat on my leg or layed on my arm for a prolonged period time and my arm/leg would fall asleep but recently it seems to be happening alot more and not necessarily over prolonged period of being in the same position. i have also been doing yoga on a pretty routine basis. When I am doing moves in which I point or flex back my toes, they get stuck in which they almost cramp up and are painful. I am a former gymnast (many years ago) and never had such problems in performing these moves. I have also been feeling groggy. Its almost like my head and mind are fuzzy or in the clouds and sometimes feels hard to concentrate. I m not sure if these are related or if it is just stress from work but since diabetes and many other ailments run in my family I am starting to become concerned. Not sure if its an overreation and is really just common or something I should seriously consider seeing my family doctor about. thanks for the help in advance
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013