Experiencing symptoms of white blood cells increasing and gas around the heart. Is it Leukaemia?

Hi, my nephew is experiencing some symptoms that we re unsure of. His white blood cells shows an increase and the doctors said there s gas around his heart area, he s also losing weight on a daily basis. He s 21yrs and weighs about 140-150 lbs. tests were done but we have no positive answer to them thus far. I know the white blood cell could be an indication of leukemia in the blood but also other problems as well. I am really worried about what all this means. Can you please advise? Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013