Experiencing stomach pain after periods, lower abdomen. permanent cure

Hi, my name is Monica and I have a problem. For the past couple of years, 2 or 3 weeks after my period I experience stomach pains in my lower abdominal region. It hurts enough that I can't walk comfortably (it creates a shaking sensation in my belly which worsens the feeling of pain) but not so much that I can't do daily activities like doing chores or attending lectures. I don't know what to do to try and make it go away. If it's been persistent for so long does it mean it's serious? I've tried not to pay much attention but this happens every month and I don't know what to think. I turned 22 last month if that helps.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013