Experiencing small open sores all over body. Completed radiation treatment for prostate cancer. Normal?

My father is expiriencing small open sores all over his body. He has completed radiation treatment for prostate cancer approx 6 months ago. He has tested negative for mets of the cancer. I notice no paleness,no jaundice or discoloration. He does not complain of itching. He has regular blood work with nothing showing up as abnormal. He has been to the dermatologist several times when the areas began on his buttocks and his lower legs, however the sores have expanded to his entire body. He has a history of small strokes, copd, smoker for over 50 years, obese, diverticulitis, htn,anxiety,mild dementia . No new medications, no change in eating habits, no change in bathing regimen. Any guidance on which direction to go from here would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013