Experiencing sharp pains from elbow to tips of fingers. Not able to bend fingers, feeling tight. What to do?

Hi. I m a 49 year old female, home executive. my problem relates right arm . At night, I experience sharp pains from elbow to tips of fingers. I am unable to bend fingers. They are very tight and feel tinggly. also experience hot rushes to the palm and need to place it in something cool. during the day when doin house chores, it s ok. only streneous action by this arm is scrubbing of pots and pans (not diswasher-safe). have been doing this for approx. 30 years
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
It seems that you are suffering from the tennis elbow which has entrapped the nerve also causing the symptoms.
You need to give adequate rest to your arm. Anti inflammatory medicines and hot fomentation will help in an early recovery.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal