Experiencing severe cold sweats, chills after eating. BP above normal. Which doctor should we see ?

My father-in-law is very stubborn about going to see any type of doctor, much less an ER visit. After he eats (no particular pattern of food type), he has been experiencing severe cold sweats (sweat drenches his head and neck ), gets chills and feels clammy and experiences severe vomiting for hours until he dry heaves for a few more hours. After all of that suffering, he claims that he feels fine when it s all over. This has been occurring every few weeks over and over for years! If I can get him checked out, what specialist would you recommend? I m thinking a GI? His blood pressure is above normal but only slightly. He checks at home every day.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013