Experiencing rectal discomfort with minor incontinence. What is causing pain, increases after urination and bowel movement?

my wife is experiencing low to high rectal discomfort daily with minor incontinence 9 months after two level fusion with reconstruction of L4-L5 & L5-S1 was performed. Recent MRI shows fusion healing and stenosis much improved but rectal discomfort/pain ?interfering with quality of life. Also recent colonoscopy was completed due to family history of colon cancer with everything clear. What could be causing the rectal pain which increases after urination or bowel movement?
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012