Experiencing rapid heartbeat, shaky voice and sweating. Feeling better after deep breath. Reason?

I often experience rapid heartbeat , shaky voice, and sweating when I talk to people I don t really know. Then sometimes it gets worse when I am in class (university). I have one class that is very small with only 5-8 people in it, and I get nervous to talk, but I force myself to, but when I do, sometimes it feels like I don t have enough air, or my throat gets smaller while I speak and my hands shake. Do you know of anything I can do to calm myself while doing this? I ve tried deep breathing and it helps a little, but not really that much at all.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013