Experiencing prolonged period, breast sore. Should I be concerned?

I am a 48 year old woman who has had regular clockwork periods since I was 12 which usually last 7 days. Just after I ovulate my breasts get really sore until my cycle starts as I know my body pretty well and can predict my period to the day. My last period started 12 days ago and my breasts are still so sore. I am experiencing a prolonged period which I have never had before and my breasts are never normally sore during a cycle either. Can you advise what is going on please and if there is cause for concern? Much appreciated.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013