Experiencing pressure in head and plugging of ears while laying on stomach?

Why do I get pressure in my head and plugged ears when I lay on my stomach and have my head raised? Sometimes the pressure is so bad that I feel like my head will pop off. I don t lay on my stomach very often due to this, but when I do it happens 99 percent of the time.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Mar 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding pressure in head and ear on lying down on prone position.

Here I would like to tell you that if your stomach is distanded, and as soon as you lye down on your abdominal position the distanded abdomen will go in and will press the diaphragm will be bound to go up, these all will compress the intrathorasic cavity so the heart and lungs both will contract to raise pressure in head.

I hope above explanation answers your query.

Regards.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.