Experiencing pain in head and skin hurts. Use hard caps on head. Cause for pain?

Hi, I recently noticed that there is a small area on the right side of my head where my skin hurts when I stroke that area. It doesn't hurt to push on it, just if I rub it.

The only change recently is that I have quit drinking coffee. I have had quite a few headaches lately and fatigue but I'm relating that to the recently quitting coffee.

I wear a hard hat everyday and ball caps often. However the hard had and ball cap sit underneath where the pain is located.

Do you have any idea what could cause this?

Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.
We can be sure of the diagnosis if we examine the local area affected. However, it is unlikely to be related to internal brain problem, as it is connected to the skin.
I suggest you get examined by a good local physician for opinion and advice.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email:
My blog: