Experiencing pain during intercourse and abdominal cramps after sex. Tested for STI, results negative. Is it normal?

Hello, I am a 28 year old female who experiences pain during and after sex. I am married with one child and my husband and I both tested negative for STIs. The last time I had a pap smear was about 3 years ago which came back normal. Since being with my husband (before and during our marriage) I experience sharp and very uncomfortable pains when he thrusts all the way inside me (unless he does so slowly). Also for about 1 to 3 days after sex I experience minor to strong abdominal cramps . Because of this I sometimes avoid having sex with him for extended periods. This discomfort happens whether or not we use condoms or extra lubrication . Should I see a doctor? Or is this normal?
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013