Experiencing numbness, soreness, tingling sensation in jaw. Taking Valium. Is it TMJ or sinus problem?

i am currently experiencing numbness soreness in my left upper and sensitivity to my upper row on that side as well somtimes the tingling extends to my nose but as i sit here the discomfort is in my upper left jaw...its not extremely painful more of a dull tingling sensation ive had this issue on and off for a few years and has been very hard to diagnose at my last dentist appointmen they had no answers for me...i had a post and core done last year and suspected that may be the problem...but my dentist doesnt feel that way...just went to see the dr ears were fine no signs of infection...when i take a valium it seems to clear up the symptoms...ive heard every theory out there that it could be tmj or a sinus problem or a problem with the nerve.. the discomfort has never switched sides it is confined on the left side only...i currently only chew on my left side as most of my upper right teeth have been extracted.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013