Experiencing memory problems, difficulty in finding words, mood swings, spin head feeling. Cause?

Experiencing some memory problems lately (passwords/codes etc I ve been using for years), difficult time finding words and more emotional than normal and just a general blah feeling. Felt like my head was spinning the other night when i laid down. Thought perhaps some of my memory issues might be related to age (40 s) and/or thyroid medication needing adjusting however last lab work levels were within my usual normal range on Synthriod. Ear pain primarily on left side recently (within past week) which may not be related at all but haven t had much of an earache since I was a kid.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013