Experiencing lower back pain, tenderness in tailbone, sore buttocks, numbness in legs, pain in rectal area. Is this sciatic?

Hi...i have been experienceing the following symptoms. Lower back pain and tenderness at my tailbone. Both side of the buttocks are sore and a slight numbness goes down my left leg as well. At times, I have a sharp pain that shoots through the rectal area. No bleeding, no constipation , no nausea. I have cracked my tailbone before and was in an auto accident two years ago, where i have fractured 4 vertebra. I had a cat scan a few months back that showed a slight lower back disc issue. Just curious if this is sciatic or do to the trauma of the other injuries? I am an avid workout enthuist. However, due to limitations, limit myself to light weights and an elliptical cardio routine. Could the cardio be aggravating the existing issues? I sit at a computer all day! So, I feel relief when I am walking around of course. Very hard to sleep at night. I have a follow up with my primary care this week. Just looking to gain some insight. Many thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013