Experiencing lower back pain in both sides. Cause?

I have been experiencing low right side back pain mostly while lying down on the right side to the point it would wake me up. Was not causing pain when I move to left side. Thought it was my mattress. Flipped it. No change. This morning I woke to it hurting while lying on my left side which is had not until today. Currently feeling it in the low right abdomen as well, even while sitting and watching TV. Not excruciating. Uncomfortable...and times it escalates to maybe a 5 or 6 pain level. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013

Check for any association with urination.

It would be wise to do Ultrasound abdomen to rule out any renal problem.