Experiencing intense itching in eyes, redness and pain. Used allergic drops. What is wrong?

About a week ago, I was experiencing intense itching of my eyes. I used allergic drops. When I put in my soft lenses after a period of time, it felt as if the left lens was a piece of glass. I took out the lens as soon as I came home and wore my glasses. Because I was concerned, I went to my long time opthalmalogist. He did a complete dialation of both eyes and examination for abrasions. He said I had no abrasions, no infection. My pressure was 12 and 16 which he said was normal. He prescribed another allergy drop. When I used the drops, my eyes got red, itchy and achy. I called him and he said to discontinue using the drops and use warm compresses. I wore my soft lens for about 5 hours yesterday. My eyes were red when I took them out. They began to ache especially over the left eyebrow at night. I woke up at 4 am. with a real ache. I ve worn my glasses all day, but it s 5:00 pm and the ache over the left eye is like a migrane . My doctor does not return until the 26th. I am a 54 year old female who is in great health. I have annual thorough eye exams because my father has pigmentary glaucoma . My eyes are white and clear, but the ache persists.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012