Experiencing increased heart rate. Slipped while going upstairs. Heart starts racing while drinking. What are the risks?

I have a question in regards to my recent experience with heart palpatations (increased heart rate ) Im a 31 year old male who is in good shape. However I do drink often (3 nights a week binge drink) About a month ago in the middle of the night I had a small slip going up the stairs. It startled me a little but my heart I felt was really over reacting. My slipping going up my stairs had sent my heart into really big palpatations that lasted all the way to the next day. Since then I have had palpatations happen again but they are not as violent. From that day forward now everytime I drink for a day or two (5 -12 drinks a day) I get a racing heart for 12 to 24 hours. I never had this happent toe me before after drinking, Im going to stop drinking now for a month or so and see if it clears up. Is it possible that the night I slipped I set my heart onto a differnt rythym? And now everytime I drink I will have these palpatations? Im concerned I effected my heart in someway.ada
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012