Experiencing hip pain, diagnosed with osteoarthritis in left hip, pain prevents movement. Cure?

I am 56 year old women & am experiencing hip pain that prevents movement. For example if I bend down my right hip locks & I cant get upright. Sometimes I have difficult raising my right leg with the knee bent while dressing. I have been diagnosed with early stages oestoarthritis in my left hip but thats not the area of the pain. Sometimes the pain is in the middle of the hip area and then moves around to the side.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013