Experiencing heart racing, sweating, shaking, needle sensation hands. Diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse. Cause?

Hello, today I experienced my heart racing, sweating, both my hands had the needles sensation and I was shaking. Then as I was walking to my car I felt like I was going to faint. While in my car, I also noticed my feet felt the needles sensation. I also had shortness of breath. I don t know why I experienced this. A few years ago, I was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse . Are the symptoms I experienced today due to MVP?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013