Experiencing extreme tooth pain. Why fever? Take penicillin? Why pain in left eye and ear?

I recently was experiencing extreme tooth pain, I went to the dentist and was told I had a bad infection and was prescribed 2000mg penicillin VK per day. I was told I needed to see a specialist. I have been taking my antibiotics in the meantime and the pain is excruciating and now the roof of my mouth on the left side where the infected tooth is, is swollen and lumpy feeling. I have a slight fever and the pain from the tooth is effecting my left ear and my left eye. Should I go back to the dentist tomorrow or do I need immediate attention?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012