Experiencing distinct chlorine-like chemical smell. Is my nose sensing it?

I ve been experiencing a distinct chlorine-like chemical smell. It s not from my environment or from my body, it is as if it is in my nose only. It only lasts for about 20-30 minutes max an occurs infrequently, maybe every few days. Location has no bearing, either. I ve smelled it at work, home, the car, a friend s house, restaurant, etc. The first time I recall experiencing the smell was about two years ago. I don t have any other medical issues nor am I on any medication . Aside from this weird smell I am experiencing, I am in excellent health. I m 27 years old, 5 9 , 180 lbs (muscular, not overweight ). Any real help would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
in my opinion the smell can be from sinuses or gi tract
you need one xray pns waters view and endoscopy to rule out these
as you find the cause as sinuses or abdominal cavity or both we can manage accordingly to get away from this problem