Experiencing discomfort in jaw. mild ache. What can be done?

Over the last few weeks I have experienced discomfort in the right side of my jaw in as much that when I open my mouth the jaw feels as though there is something that has to flick out of the way and sometimes it cracks, this is quite uncofortable.
Last night the discomfort woke me and I noticed that the right side of my face felt as if it had got a pins and needles sensation together with my tongue.
Although my face and ear are now uncomfotable like a mild ache the tip of my tongue is still tingly, any ideas or suggestions?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013