Experiencing difficulties in having intercourse, hurts alot, have pcos, constipation. What can be done?

I am 25 years old. I have been married for one and a half years and experiencing difficulties in having intercourse with my husband. He has not yet been able to insert his penis inside my vagina due to extreme pain that I feel. I feel so tight and uncomfortable. I feel a resistance inside when he tries to get in to me as if it is being hitting to a wall. also during the scan (which I did twice) i felt pain when the doctor tried to insert the penis like thing in to my vagina.

We have spoke to our doctor about it and she advised us to use a gel. even though, I do not feel much difference and did not gain much relief.

I have PCOS and doubt whether this may be a cause for my pain. I also experience constipation problems though it had not been much of an issue. Thus I have a doubt whether this too is a reason for my pain.

please advice me the cause of this and what should be done..

Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
thanks for using health care magic

There are several causes of painful intercourse and a careful and in dept examination and laboratory tests are needed.

Causes include;
-infections (candidiasis, chlamydia, trichomoniasis, urinary tract infections, pelvic inflammatory disease etc)
-vaginal septa
-partly ruptured hymen
-hypoplasia of the the vaginal entrance
-interstitial cystitis
-uterine prolapse
-Scaring following trauma or surgery of the genital tract

Vaginismus is a common cause and it is the contraction of muscles around the vagina thus leading to difficult penetration. In this case a lot of fore play and psychological preparation is needed. Fear a lot is a number cause of vaginismus.

You should meet a gynecologist for detail evaluation and tests and counselling.

Best regards
Dr Achuo