Experiencing confusion, distraction after mother's death, was her care giver. Worried about getting dementia?

I lost my mother four months ago. I am experiencing confusion at work. Things that I do normally, all of sudden has become a problem. I am a good worker and this has become frustrating. I am easily distracted and I think I hear instructions but evidently not comprehending like I used to. I am going to therapy through hospice. I was my Mom s care giver for the last few weeks with them. I am the one that found her when she died. In therapy, it was discovered that I am extremely lonely as my mom was also my best friend. I would call her several times a day. I am worried that I am getting dementia , My father s sisters all had allheizmers late in life. I am 61 years old and female.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013