Experiencing cold and sudden irritation in eye. Should I use eye drops?

Hi. I m experiencing a random sudden irritation in my left eye. I noticed it had suddenly became very irritated, glossy looking and the crease feels to be throbbing. I made the mistake of running it at first. I am experiencing the signs of a cold but am also afraid it could be from a sudden pink eye, or makeup that I rubbed into my eyelid . Should I use eye drops before sleep or let it get air? I don t want to fall asleep and wake up with it being worse
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013