Experiencing big itchy red bumps all over body. Are these bites from something?

hi Samuel myself and my partner have been experiencing big itchy red bumps over the last few days.I first got 3 on my right arm one on my wrist and 2 on my forearm but they seemed to clear up after a few days of putting afterbite gel on them.I thought that was the end of them until i woke up this morning with 1 on the outside of both my left and right legs and a cluster of 3-4 on my left side of my belly and just discovered one above this cluster on by back/ partner has only got a few on his right side maybe u think they are bites from something or something more sinister??thanking you for your help kind regards nora
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013