Experiencing bad mood swings, always had a non-stressful attitude. Cause of change?

i am 49 years old and have started having bad mood swings. i have always been happy go lucky, laughing never stressing. now i am ready to bite anyones head off for no reason and find myself getting depressed for no reason. then the next day or two i am fine. then after a couple of days i am back to biting heads off. lucky ia can usually bite my lip and walk off before i hurt anyone feeling. but i was never like this before. any idea.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013