Experiencing an increased resting heart rate. What could be causing this?

Ive been having problems with my heart the past three weeks or so. Even when resting my heart will start to beat extremely hard and fast. I ve been staying hydrated thinking that was the problem but everyday the problem continues to worsen. Nothing really triggers it it s more of a random occurance. I m aware it could be anxiety or stress but I m fairly stress free. But I m young and healthy so I don t see where this problem could have come from?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013