Experiencing an elevated BP, had throat infection. Can i control it through exercise?

I am 45 years old and am experiencing an elevated bp of 150/100 for the past 5 days. Just a few days ago, i had a throat infection and checked my bp which was 135/80, and was placed on antibiotics. My physician has checked my ecg which was ok. Blood tests on fasting are - glucose - fasting - 93mg.dl, creatining 0.7 mg/dl, HDL - 37 mg/dl, LDL - 116 mg/dl, triglycerided - 178mg/dl. I have not been exercising for the past 3 months and generally take less salt, have vegetables and fruits regularly ( vegetarian) and do not consume alcohol. Is this a temporary? Can I bring it under control by exercising? I have noticed that my BP generally is on the higher range especially during winter.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013