Experiencing abnormal menstrual cycles. Enlarged, fibroid uterus, heterogeneous endometrial stripe. What does this all indicate?

I am 47 who has been experiencing abnormal menstrual cycles for almost a year. I ve been getting my period about every 18-20 days. First few days I bleed relatively heavy every time. My OB sent me for a ultrasound and vaginal ultrasound . I do have a follow up appointment with my OB in 2 weeks, but was wondering with the findings in the report if I should try to get an earlier appointment. The reports states as follows: Uterus measures 12 x 6 x 4 cm in size heterogeneous in echotexture. Multiple Nabothian cyst. Right body fibroid measuring 2.5 x 1.8 x 2.1 cm in size. Right anterior fundal fibroid measuring 1.1 x 1.3 cm in size. Right posterior fibroid measuring 1.8 x 1.7 cm in size. The endometrium is heterogeneous in echotexture measuring 1.1 cm in size ill-defined difficult completely characterize. Correlation clinically. Right ovary: Measures 3 x 2 x 2 cm in size. Dominant follicle measure 1.4 cm in size. Left ovary: Measures 3.3 x 2.2 x 1.6 cm in size Mild dilatation of the collecting system bilaterally. Impression: Enlarged uterus, fibroid uterus, heterogeneous endometrial stripe measuring 1.2 cm in size. No discrete fluid collection. I have had ovarian cysts before so I was not surprised by that. Can you explain if what the fibroids mean and mostly, I would like to know what they mean about the heterogenheous endometrial stripe. Thank you in advance for your help.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013