Experienced weight gain, tender breasts and nipples, light discharge. Stopped birth control pills. What is going on?

Hi. I quit taking my bc pills on August 21st at the end of my period. I had a unusual period from September 17-20. Very light and brownish in color the first 2-3 days. I've experienced weight gain and my breasts are tender and my nipples look different. Have taken a couple of hpt's but negative. My husband and I have been trying to conceive since August. I also have noticed more of a milky discharge the last couple of days. I suppose to start my next period October 17t. Any idea what may be going on?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Milky discharge from the nipples can be observed in early pregnancy as well as post ovulation. It may take a couple of months after coming off the pills to regain normal ovulation. As you are almost due for your next period, you may wait for it and get a HPT with a fresh early morning sample 3-7 days later if you miss it. If you wish for an earlier and better confirmation, you can get the serum beta-hCG titres estimated. Hope your query is answered. Take care.